Glass Bead Abrasive
- Manufactured from high-grade glass
- Perfect for wet and dry blasting
- Displays 10-15 times longer lifetime in comparison to ceramic beads degradation mode.
Glass bead media is a classic in the blasting industry. Rodeco supplies a high-quality selection of glass beads to suit various blasting needs. Glass beads are manufactured from high-grade glass, contain no free silica, and are made into preformed spherical shapes. They produce a much smoother and brighter satin finish and are extremely hard, chemically inert, and environmentally friendly. It is a popular abrasive in both wet and dry blasting. Glass beads are primarily used in blasting cabinets for honing, polishing, peening, blending, finishing, removing light burrs, and cleaning more light foreign matter.
Through its ability to transfer energy, it displays 10-15 times longer lifetime compared to ceramic beads degradation mode.
- No change in geometry and material characteristics
- No diameter reduction (no wear)
- No peeling layer by layer
- Breakage in small parts, easily removed from working mix by the separation system
- Swarco Industrial Glassbead-Swarco.pdf
Order Your Glass Bead Abrasives today!
To order your glass bead abrasives, simply call 800-849-0871 or complete the contact form below: